If you have run into trouble with the law in Northern Utah, the stress and dread you feel may be overwhelming. The same is true if you are trying to help your child or another loved one avoid consequences that could be crippling for his or her future.
Every decision you make about how to approach this pivotal life situation is critical. I am Brian Frees, a Salt Lake City criminal defense attorney committed to digging into your case and helping you find the absolute best path to resolution available. Beginning with a free initial consultation, I will offer clear guidance and the utmost in dedicated advocacy.
Skilled Legal Help In Utah
You never thought you would need a criminal defense attorney in Salt Lake City or anywhere else. Circumstances said otherwise. It may have been driving while intoxicated (DUI), possession of drugs, assault, or some other legal misstep. Whatever the reason, you need skilled legal representation.
Serving the Intermountain area, the Salt Lake City law firm of Frees Law, P.L.L.C. represents clients facing state, federal, traffic, DUI, and other criminal charges.
Arrest is a frightening, life-changing experience and Salt Lake City criminal attorney Brian Frees provides peace of mind during a difficult time by offering skilled representation, personal legal service, and focused guidance on what lies ahead.
Your Salt Lake City Attorney For DUI Defense, Drug Crimes And Other Concerns
Everyone deserves strong legal representation — whatever the allegations and circumstances — and that is exactly what I provide. In my extremely active criminal defense practice, I offer aggressive, results-focused defense against charges such as:
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs (DUI) at either the misdemeanor or felony level, as well as other alcohol-related offenses and traffic charges
- Drug crimes ranging from possession or sale of marijuana to prescription fraud and charges of intent to deliver or trafficking in cocaine, methamphetamine, Oxycodone or other controlled substances
- Domestic violence charges, which carry far more severe and far-reaching penalties than many people realize
- Assault and weapons crimes, including battery, illegal gun possession by a felon and more
- Theft charges ranging from shoplifting of merchandise of any value to burglary, robbery, possession of stolen property or auto theft
- Sex crimes, whether allegations stem from alleged sexual contact with a minor, rape or Internet offenses such as possession of child pornography
- Probation and parole violations
- Types of Misdemeanors include certain drug charges, domestic violence, DUI, DUI causing bodily injury, and stalking. Usually punishable by fine and up to a year in jail, misdemeanors are categorized Class A through Class C, with Class A misdemeanors like negligent homicide, and theft, the most serious offenses.
- Punishable by fine and over a year in prison, types of Felonies include sexual assault, child abuse, and drug possession with intent to distribute. Divided into four categories, the most serious form of felony is aggravated murder, which is a capital offense and punishable by death. Capital offenses are followed by first degree felonies like murder and rape. Lesser but still serious, second and third degree felonies include white collar crimes, forgery, and robbery.
Always Responsive And Genuinely Focused On Your Case
Some Salt Lake City criminal defense lawyers and law firms provide very limited personal attention and look to plead cases out as quickly as possible. While I understand that you may want to resolve your challenge efficiently, my pledge is to investigate thoroughly, consider every potential angle and try your case if that is what it demands.
Committed Legal Counsel In Salt Lake City
When you face criminal charges, we help you navigate a difficult time in life by providing compassionate, aggressive legal representation. While we fight to protect your rights during pre-trial conference or trial, it our knowledge and experience with the Utah criminal justice system that helps us achieve satisfying results for our clients.
Good criminal defense in Salt Lake means an attorney willing to lay out honest advice on plea and sentencing options. In Utah, you may be eligible for diversionary programs or alternative sentencing that could reduce fines or jail time. If you are a first-time offender and the offense was not violent, we will talk to you about lower-impact sentencing possibilities.
You never thought you would need a DUI attorney in Salt Lake City —but you do. When you want highly qualified legal advice in Salt Lake—we are here.
When you choose to contact me and hire me, Brian Frees, you will know where your case stands every step of the way. When you call for a free consultation, I will answer directly or return that call just as soon as I can.