Under Utah state laws, and given the widespread accessibility of criminal background checks today, there is really no such thing as a minor drug offense. Even if a conviction for drug possession does not bring jail time or other immediately devastating life consequences, having a drug offense on your record can seriously restrict your future.
If you or a family member is accused of drug possession, intent to deliver, drug sales or trafficking, you definitely need a lawyer who will focus intently on the case. You can turn to me, Salt Lake City drug crime defense attorney Brian Frees, for personally attentive counsel and skilled, results-driven representation.
Drug Possession Or Sale · Prescription Fraud And Other Serious Charges
I will work with you personally every step of the way through resolution of your case, whether it ultimately demands strong, resourceful negotiation or dynamic trial work. My knowledge and capabilities extend to all types of drug offenses, including:
- Drug possession, whether the charges involve marijuana, methamphetamine, cocaine, heroin, any other illegal drug, a prescription medication, or multiple controlled substances
- Prescription fraud, illegal possession, sales or trafficking charges often associated with painkillers such as OxyContin, Lortab or Percodan; stimulants including Ritalin and Adderall; or a range of other highly addictive medications
- Intent to deliver, sales or drug trafficking charges
- Driving with any measurable amount of any controlled substance in the body, sometimes called metabolite DUI or “drugged driving”
- Possession of pipes, syringes or other drug paraphernalia — a more serious charge than many people realize
Call A Salt Lake County Drug Possession Defense Attorney
My firm, Frees Law, P.L.L.C., is a proven criminal defense resource for Salt Lake City college students, working people, military service members and others across the spectrum of life in Northern Utah. I investigate each case thoroughly, build solid defense strategies and relentlessly seek the best possible outcomes in adult, juvenile or drug court.
If you were subjected to an illegal search and seizure or there are other problems with your case, I will go the distance to prove exactly that. If you want help for a drug problem, I will strive to get you the treatment you need while minimizing other consequences. Our work together can begin with a free consultation focused squarely on your most important needs and concerns.